What Is An Anode Rod?
Anode rods are the most important line of defense in increasing water heater tank life and preventing leaks. These devices work because the metal in the rod is more easily corroded than the metal of the water heater tank. In areas like Phoenix, where our water is hard and corrosive, the anode rod plays an important role in protecting your water heater.
At Aqua Science, we offer a water heater inspection and service to help maintain your water heater and extend its life. Our inspection includes:
- Visual inspection of all connections for corrosion or leaks
- Inspection of the relief valve
- Inspection of heating elements (electric water heaters only)
- Remove and inspect anode rod
- Corrosive sediments flushed out of heater
After inspection, our technicians will show you the anode rod and will provide a recommendation based on the wear of the rod. If it is corroded, you should replace it immediately to help stop the damage to the inside of your water heater.